Thursday, October 22, 2009

Observations from South Korea (mostly from the airport)

South Koreans are really rich. They were buying things like crazy. I've never seen so many people at a duty free line. In fact, I have never seen a line at a duty free store. In addition to the usual stores like Hermez, Armani, Coach, Cartier, there were two Salvatore Ferragamos, two Guccis, two Chanels, and maybe two Burberrys. In addition, there were actually people in those stores, buying things.

Second observation, newlyweds wear matching clothes. I was a little confused by the first couple I saw...I was like they must enjoy matching, but by the second and third couple I realized that they were newlyweds and probably on their way to their honeymoon. They wore matching polo's, matching sweat shirts, matching hats...really, it was cute.

Lastly, Korean Air flight attendants are dolls. Not only do they look like dolls, they act like dolls. They were wonderfully put together with these chiffon scarfs and ribbon hair ties and so sweet. They smiled and whispered and nodded their heads, really the best service I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment